Friday 13 January 2012

Rainbow Cake





It's my sons birthday party tomorrow and I just haven't had time to make a large fancy cake but my sister did point out a link a few months ago to a tutorial on how to make a rainbow cake! That is, a cake that is multi coloured on the inside when you cut it open. So I've decide to give it a go, since I figure if I was a kid and I had a slice of rainbow cake I'd be pretty happy, even if the outside wasn't something big and fancy!

This is a basic sponge cake mix divided up into six bowls and coloured with paste food colouring.

This is the cake tin with all the different cake mixes poured in, one on top of the other. Sorry for the poor photo, it wasn't done in very good light.

This is the finished result, although as you can see it's been half eaten. I think the kids were pretty happy with it, they were certainly surprised when I cut it open and they saw all that glorious technicolor inside.



No comments:

Post a Comment