Tuesday 10 January 2012

Handmade

Freehand Machine Embroidery 

I'm currently going through a textile, crafty phase. I want to try my hand at some more freehand machine embroidery and actually finish some pieces. I've been searching for more artists who use this technique of drawing with the sewing machine, and seeing what they do with it for inspiration. I think I enjoy it so much because it combines line drawing, which I love, and textiles, which I also love. I've done a post before on Claire Coles, whose work I particularly admire, but I've also found some more artists whose work I find inspiring:

Gillian Bates

Find a link to her work here: Gillian Bates







Tugba Kop


Find link here: Tugba Kop











Etsy Seller: Three Red Apples
link here: Three Red Apples


 



No comments:

Post a Comment