Thursday 15 December 2011

Quick Cake Update





I got asked at rather short notice to do a relatively small birthday cake for a friend of a friend, which is usually how I get work. They had seen a picture on the net of a cake design they liked and asked me if I could do something similar. I don't generally like to copy other peoples designs but they had their heart set on the one they saw so I based my design around that, although still not exactly the same. It was for a little girls first birthday, so something super pretty was in order.


I have to say that if ever there is an opportunity to use edible glitter, I will! There is a part of me that absolutely relishes the indulgent feminine side of life, and to me edible glitter encapsulates that. As you can see in the detail underneath I used it on the cut out letters of the number ONE and the little girls name on the toy blocks made from fondant icing. Everything was edible, apart from the curly wires and the candle, of course.


No comments:

Post a Comment