Wednesday 3 September 2014

Recent Adventures

It's been a very busy few months with moving my belongings out of storage from the house I used to share with me ex and trying to organise and simplify it all. Going through all my stuff was emotional with a mix of highs and lows and also some surprises. I found so many unfinished art and craft projects, and spent quite a lot of time looking at them thinking they were less rubbish than I'd remembered! Some of them I got rid of but some of them I've hung onto with the intention of using them in some way or finishing them off.  I honestly didn't know how much I had. I do however now have a quite a collection of vintage fabrics and some of those were a joy to find and I've started using bits and pieces. I've only just started producing more consistently though after all the upheaval, and I'm also working on my drawings, vegan ideas etc. Here's a little update of what I've been doing:






This is a rather colourful one of a crow after feeling inspired by a commission someone asked me to do which was using a crow image. I think in hindsight I'd like to tone down the colour combos, but learning what I like is all a part of the process and never see things as mistakes just as an ongoing development.



This is was the first stag I did, which I liked very much actually. I've decided stags are one of my favourite subjects because their antlers are such  a fascinating shape and they are so magnificent to look at.







Following how much i enjoyed the first one I decided to do a follow up, I think I'll be doing a few of these!






No comments:

Post a Comment